Cheesiest Low Carb Mac and Cheese
Literally the best mac and cheese I have ever had. I guarantee no one will be able to tell it's low carb!
1 bag Gnooda [The] Keto Pasta! (save 10% with code: guiltfreepasta)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup blanched almond flour (I like this brand)
1 cup heavy cream
Himalayan salt, to taste (I like this brand)
1/2 tspn fresh ground black pepper
2/3 cup monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1 and 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese slices
Optional Crumb Topping
2/3 cup Pork Rind Bread Crumbs (I love this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2qt casserole dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large pot add Gnooda pasta to generously salted and oiled, boiling water. Cook according to instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Once hot whisk in almond flour. Cook for 1 minute, whisking until bubbly.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream. Continue to stir until sauce has thickened. Add salt and pepper and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove saucepan from heat and quickly stir in shredded jack and cheddar cheese. Continue to whisk until cheese is completely melted. It should be super thick!
- Pour and gently stir the cheese sauce into pasta until completely combined.
- Pour half of the mac and cheese into prepared casserole dish.
- Add the cheese slices on top. I know it’s a lot of cheese. Just trust me!
- Pour other half of the mac and cheese on top and spread.
- Sprinkle pork rind “breadcrumbs” on top of mac and cheese.
- Bake covered in foil for 20 minutes at 350. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. The top should be golden brown and the edges should be bubbling gently.
People often search for: Macaroni and cheese, mac & cheese, keto mac, gnooda