Keto Mini Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes
Keto mini cheesecakes dripping in sugar free chocolate and topped with a fresh strawberry.
FOR THE CRUST
- 1/2 cup pecans (I like this brand)
- 2 tbsp blanched almond flour (I like this brand)
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1.5 tbsp erythritol (I like this brand)
- 1 pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol (I like this brand)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tspn fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tspn vanilla extract (I like this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 6 silicone muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a food processor pulse all crust ingredients till combined. You may need to stop and scrape the sides with a spatula several times to make sure all pecan pieces are finely ground.
- Begin dropping rounded tablespoons of the crust mixture into the muffin liners. With the back of a small spoon, press the mixture gently into the bottom of the liners.
- Pre-bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and drop the temperature to 325F.
- In a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sweetener until fluffy on medium low setting.
- Beat in the egg.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Keep the mixer at medium the whole time. Do not over-beat. The goal is to not incorporate too many air bubbles and avoid the any caving in of the cupcakes.
- Divide filling among the muffin liners until the cups are almost full. Smooth the top with a spatula, there’s no need to be perfect as the tops will covered in chocolate. There may be an extra tablespoon or so of filling left over, feel free to discard.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325F until cheesecakes are set but still slightly jiggly. They will continue to set outside the oven. Do not overcook the cheesecakes, as that will cause cracking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the counter to room temperature, then chill for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight), until completely set. Do not remove the cakes from the liners before setting.
- Using a double boiler (with simmering, not boiling water) gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil, stirring occasionally to combine. You may also use a microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring each time.
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from liners and set them on a wire rack over a small cookie sheet (to avoid the cupcakes from sticking). Alternatively, you can line the cookie sheet with parchment paper if you don’t own a wire rack.
- By the tablespoonful, pour the chocolate over the top of each cheesecake. Coat the entire surface and allow a little to drip over the sides.
- Place the cookie sheet and cupcakes in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until chocolate is set. Can also set on the counter if not in a rush. Allow to set before moving on to next step.
- One by one, dip each strawberry in the chocolate and place one on top of each cheesecake. Allow to set either in freezer for 15-20 minutes or on counter for a bit longer.
*Carb count excludes sugar alcohols and/or sweeteners. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but please feel free to make your own calculations.