A mexican twist on spaghetti and meatballs, all while staying keto friendly of course!
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1/4 cup pork rind “bread crumbs”
- 1/4 cup grated cotija or grated parmesan cheese works too
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried mexican oregano
- 1/4 small yellow onion, grated or pulverized in a blender
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp canned red enchilada sauce, divided (If homemade is more your thing use the recipe from here)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packs of Natural Heaven Angel Hair Pasta (keto friendly)
- Optional garnish: fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, pork rind crumbs, cotija/parm cheese, chili powder, oregano, grated onion, egg, salt and pepper and 2 tbsp enchilada sauce. Mix until just combined. Don’t over mix or you’ll end up with tough meatballs.
- Divide the mixture into 16 meatballs. I like the rustic look and just form them freestyle, but you can use a 1 1/2 tbsp scoop to make them uniform. Lightly coat your hands with olive oil so that they will form better and crack less.
- Bake 12-15 mins depending on your oven. Meatballs should be browned and cooked through.
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet combine 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the pasta over medium low heat. Stir gently to combine and heat through for about 4 minutes or so. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet use a regular pan and then transfer to an oven safe dish before the next step.
- Arrange the meatballs over the pasta and pour the remaining 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the meatballs.
- Place skillet or dish in the oven covered in aluminum foil and heat through for 10 minutes. Uncover, top with cheddar cheese and place back in the oven to melt. 3-5 minutes tops. Keep an eye on it, so the cheese doesn’t burn.