Keto Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated allulose (no substitutions)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp’s fresh lemon juice (to avoid crystalization)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- small pinch of salt
- Pour allulose into a clean saucepan, on medium high heat. Add water and lemon juice.
- Stir w/ a wooden spoon just till allulose is completely dissolved. Avoid using a metal spoon because it’ll conduct heat and burn your caramel.
- Don’t touch the saucepan until it begins turning color. Gently swirl the pot to evenly distribute the color. Do not stir.
- Keep an eye on the sauce because as soon as it starts turning color, everything happens really quickly.
- When the sauce reaches a rich amber color and starts to smell sweet with a hint of bitterness (348F if you’re using a candy thermometer) remove from heat.
- Add heavy whipping cream slowly. Stir with wooden spoon.Careful because it will bubble up and get pretty high.
- Add in salt and butter and stir until incorporated.
- Allow caramel mixture to cool for about 5 minutes and pour in vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a glass jar or glass storage container and allow sauce to cool completely.
Serving Size 1 tbsp
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 32 Calories from Fat 28.8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.2g 5%
Saturated Fat g 0%
Trans Fat g
Cholesterol mg 0%
Sodium mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate g 0%
Dietary Fiber g 0%
Protein g 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.