A California twist on traditional Italian pesto, with a cilantro and almond base.
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add cilantro, garlic, almonds, parmesan, apple cider vinegar and salt & pepper to food processor or blender. Quickly pulse until barely combined.
- Pour in extra virgin olive oil and blend thoroughly to a pesto consistency.