This low carb chocolate cake was adapted from a recipe created by a fellow “Keto Instagram Sister” of mine, @ketokween.la
I doubled the recipe and added a few ingredients to make it mine but this wouldn’t have been possible without her! I also added this dark chocolate peppermint ganache to give it a holiday twist. Thanks for the inspiration, Mel! Follow her for some mouthwatering low carb/keto recipes!
Keto Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ganache
A decadent chocolate cake with a cool peppermint ganache poured over, making it perfect for the holidays.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp blackstrap mollases (optional, does contain sugar)
Peppermint Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz sugar free dark chocolate (code: KINDKETOMAMA saves you 10%)
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- small pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and generously grease a bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl with a hand mixer or with a stand mixer on medium speed, beat together the eggs, butter, sour cream, sweetener, mollases and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stop a couple of times and scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Dump mixture evenly into greased bundt pan and even it out with with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 minutes on middle rack or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes in pan, before carefully flipping it onto a wire rack.
- Let cake cool completely before adding ganache.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate using a serrated knife and set aside in a medium glass bowl.
- Bring heavy whipping cream just to a boil over medium high heat.
- Pour over chocolate, add salt, and peppermint extract.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, do not stir yet!
- With a wire whisk stir until smooth and shiny to break up any pieces and emulsify cream and chocolate.
- Scrape sides of dish with a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the chocolate that has settled in the bottom.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled cake and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
*Carb count excludes sugar alcohols and/or sweeteners. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but please feel free to make your own calculations.