Keto Pecan Sandies
A butter and pecan cookie reminiscent of a pecan sandy without all the added sugar.
- 1/2 cup pecan halves and 15 pecan halves (if garnishing), divided. (I like this brand)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (I like this brand)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (I like this brand)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp granulated monk fruit blend (I like this brand)
- 1/3 cup confectioners monk fruit blend (I like this brand)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tspn maple extract (I like this brand)
- Preheat oven to 325℉
- Lightly toast pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through until fragrant. Let cool.
- Pulse flower, salt, and 1/2 cup toasted pecans in a food processor until nuts are finely ground, just about 1 minute.
- Beat butter, granulated sweetener and confectioners sweetener in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add egg yolk and maple extract and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients. Beat just until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30-45 minutes in refrigerator.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll out into balls between your hands and transfer to cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, 3 inches apart.
- Flatten cookies using a fork. Cookies should be 1/2 inch thick. Optional: Garnish with one toasted pecan, gently pressed in the center of each cookie.
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets.
- Just before serving dust cookies with additional confectioners sweetener.