These are pretty close to the real deal, I have to say.
Keto Madeleine Cookies
A cross between a cake and cookie. Just like the one you can find at your favorite coffee shop, but keto friendly!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I like this brand)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder (I like this brand)
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs (room temp is best)
- 1/4 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted and melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (I like this brand)
- 2 tspn pure vanilla extract (I like this brand)
- With the paddle attachment on a stand mixer or a hand held mixer beat the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract and the sweetener on medium high for 7 minutes until pale and frothy. Yes, 7 minutes. I know, I know…
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in 2 tbsp of the warm (not too hot, not cool) melted butter. Use big strokes. It should resemble slightly thicker pancake batter.
- Once combined, cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Don’t skip this part. The cookies will not be the same!
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Place rack in the center.
- Grease madeleine pan generously with non-stick spray. Alternatively, melted butter can be used but cookies may stick. Use a paper towel to spread the spray/butter. There should only be a thin layer. Be sure to not have any spray/butter pooled at the bottom of the mold.
- With a small cookie scoop or with a small spoon drop the amount equal to 2 leveled tablespoons, into the center of 8 of the molds.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes depending on the color of your pan and size of the mold cavity. The edges should be golden and the center will be firm but still bounces back.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely in the pan away from heat. Once cooled the cookies should fall right off the pan when you flip it over gently.
Optional Dipping and Topping
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. You may also use a double boiler with simmering water, stirring often.
- Once smooth and melted, remove chocolate from heat.
- Dip cooled cookie into desired amount of chocolate and toppings.
Net Carbs=2 per cookie
*Carb count excludes sugar alcohols and/or sweeteners.
Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. I try to be accurate, but please feel free to make your own calculations.