Keto Fried Ice Cream
A low carb version of a childhood favorite, that I would order from a Mexican restaurant chain.
*Discount codes for specialty items below
- 1 pint Enlightened Keto Collection Ice Cream in flavor of your choice. I used “Chocolate Peanut Butter” but any flavor you prefer is fine!
- 1 sheet Cut Da Carb Low Carb Flatbread (save 10% w/ Darlene10 at checkout)
- 1/2 cup Lolli’s Low Carb Granola in “Cinnamon Pecan Crunch” flavor (Use KINDKETOMAMA to save 10%)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp granulated sweetener (I like this brand)
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil (I like this brand)
- ChocZero Chocolate Syrup (Use KINDKETOMAMA to save 10%)
- ChocZero Caramel Syrup (Use KINDKETOMAMA to save 10%)
- Whipped Cream (Find my easy recipe here)
- fresh strawberries for garnish
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Scoop ice cream into 4 balls about 3” in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and place in silicon muffin liners or muffin tin. Place in freezer for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to enjoy. Tear apart 1 sheet of Cut Da Carb into small pieces resembling the size of corn flake cereal. They don’t have to be perfect but try to keep them around the size of your fingerprint so they blend evenly.
- Fry flakes in a neutral oil (I used coconut oil) until golden, stirring gently as they fry. Cut Da Carb can burn easily, so don’t walk away, while you’re frying it.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle granulated erythritol and cinnamon onto flakes and toss to make sure they’re evenly coated.
- Take granola and pulse in a food processor a few times, till crumbly and no big pieces are left.
- Add in flakes and pulse just a few more times until crumbly texture. Careful not to turn it to mush. Just a few pulses will do fine.
- Dump mixture into a medium bowl.
- Take ice cream spheres out of freezer and place in bowl, firmly patting crumb mixture into the ice cream, until completely coated.
- Serve with desired toppings like my keto whipped cream! Enjoy!
Enlightened Keto Friendly Ice Cream: KindKetoMama saves you 10% off the Keto Collection
Cut Da Carb: DARLENE10 saves 10% on a 24 pk for new customers
Lolli’s Low Carb Granola: KINDKETOMAMA saves 10% off any order
ChocZero: KINDKETOMAMA saves 10% off any order
SUGAR ALCOHOLS 11g
NET CARBS 4.5g
**Carb count excludes sugar alcohols and/or sweeteners. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but please feel free to make your own calculations.
2 thoughts on “Keto Fried Ice Cream”
THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!, YOU HAVE GREAT RECIPES!.
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy.