Keto Dark Chocolate Peppermint Tart
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour (I used this brand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used this brand)
- 1/4 granulated sweetener (I used allulose)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted (I used this brand)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lb (16 oz) sugar free, dark chocolate chips (I used 2 bags of ChocZero dark chocolate chips. Use KINDKETOMAMA at checkout to save 10% off)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, full fat coconut milk (The kind in the can, not the carton. I used this brand)
- 1 tspn peppermint extract (I used this brand)
- 9 crushed, sugar free peppermint starlight candies (I used this brand)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat for 350F
- In a large bowl combine all the dry crust ingredients with a whisk. I would recommend sifting in the allulose because it tends to clump!
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and stir in till combined.
- Press the crust mixture into a 9 inch tart pan or pie dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the coconut milk to a gentle simmer. Do not boil. If it does accidentally come to a boil allow to cool a bit before continuing to the next step.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass/heat safe bowl and pour the coconut milk evenly over the top of it. Allow to sit for 30 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon (not a whisk) very gently stir until everything is combined and smooth. When stirring do your best to not incorporate too much air, otherwise you’ll end up with tiny air bubbles and you won’t end up with a beautiful even glaze on the top layer.
- Stir in peppermint extract until combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the baked crust and smooth the top with a spoon or a pastry knife.
- Chill in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Do not make the mistake of covering in plastic wrap like I once did or it will stick to the chocolate and it will not be silky smooth.
- If you choose to garnish it with the candy wait till just before serving or at least once the tart has cooled completely so that it doesn’t melt into little peppermint puddles. (I made a lot of mistakes the first time I made this, don’t want any of this to happen to you!)
- Serve chilled.