Tips and tricks to make the best whipped cream!
- Start with very cold ingredients and very cold tools. Keep your heavy whipping cream in the fridge just until you’re about to begin whipping it. Also place your bowl and whisk in the freezer for 20 mins. A metal bowl like this one, works best but glass that will work too. If you’re like me and don’t have room in your freezer, you can fill it up half way with ice water and let it sit on your counter for 20 mins.
- Use a stand mixer or handheld mixer to make your heavy whipping cream. Trying to whip it by hand can take a very very long time. It’s not impossible though!
- . Do not over whip! This should take no longer than 2-3 mins max if you’re using a stand mixer. Keep an eye on it and stop to check it, if need be. Over beating will cause you to end up with over curdled looking cream and it won’t be very pretty.
- You’re looking for stiff peaks. When you lift the whisk out of the bowl the cream on the whisk should hold it’s shape, even when you turn it upside down.
You can add this as a topping to my Keto Berry White Chocolate Cheesecake, my Mini Keto Peanut Butter Pies, or Keto Fried Ice Cream!
Keto Whipped Cream
After making this fresh, no sugar added heavy whipping cream, you'll never buy the store bought version again!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener (I like this brand.
- 1 tspn pure vanilla extract (I like this brand)
- Place metal bowl and whisk in the freezer for a minimum of 20 mins. Alternatively, you can also fill it up with ice water and set it on the counter.
- Remove from freezer and add heavy cream, sweetener and extract.
- Starting at medium speed and gradually increasing speed to high, whisk the cream mixture until stiff peaks form. Don’t stop beating until stiff peaks have formed. Once stiff peaks have formed, stop beating immediately.
- Store any unused whipped cream refrigerated in an airtight container.