Keto Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
A keto friendly banana-free bread recipe with all the banana flavor and only a fraction of carbs/sugar!
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup lupin flour
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 200g chocolate chunks ( I use this brand and coarsely chop the squares into chunks. Use KINDKETOMAMA for 10% off at checkout)
- 50 drops Sweet Life Flavor Co “Ripe Banana” flavor concentrate Use KINDKETOMAMA15 to save 15% at checkout.
- 2/3 cup granulated sweetener (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute (I use this brand)
- 2 tspn pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp black strap mollases (optional but highly recommended for color)
- 2 tsp’s baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, using the beater attachment, mix the eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, molasses, flavor drops and sweeteners until its one homogenous mixture. Some very small lumps from the butter are okay. Don’t over mix.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt until incorporated.
- Slowly stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until combined. Mix will resemble a thick pancake batter consistency.
- Gently fold in 2/3 of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the already prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack for 50-55 mins.
- 30 minutes into the baking time, carefully top the loaf with the remaining chocolate chunks. If you add them at the beginning of the baking time, they will burn.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan. Remove from pan once cooled.
- The banana bread will keep for up to a week when stored in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the refrigerator.
NET CARBS=4g per slice
9 slices per loaf
*Carb count excludes sugar alcohols and/or sweeteners. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. I try to be accurate, but please feel free to make your own calculations.